Thursday, June 18, 2009

Washington D.C.


So I recently traveled to Washington D.C. which should be called the city of memorials. We got Paris (City of Lights), Rome (Eternal City), New York, (City that Never Sleeps). So I nominate D.C. as the City of Memorials, there are war memorials, memorials to presidents, memorials to tragedies, and even a memorial to Einstein. I was shocked, of course I got a picture next to Einstein. I also saw President Obama's motorcade, which is a really cool experience because they block of the streets for like 10 minutes, there are about 2 cop cars and a dozen cop motorcycles as well as about 5 secret service/other vehicles all racing down city streets at like 50 miles per hour. It is ridiculous how fast those guys go. But all in all D.C. was an amazing trip, and expenses wise it wasn't too bad because all the museums and things are free to get in. Like the Smithsonian, National Archives, and the Washington Monument to name a few. I couldn't believe that, the most we paid to get in somewhere was $1.50 to see Ford's Theatre where Lincoln was shot which also included the house across the street where he died.
In other vacation notes, if I get a B in Biochem this summer I am treating myself to the dream vacation to Europe that I want. It will be a trip with EF Tours, and seeing tons of sights all across Europe for a month. Pricetag: $4000, not including meals and souvenirs. I need to save some serious bank, but it would totally be worth it. And on that note, I better get back to studying. Going to see Angels and Demons tonight. I'll post a review tomorrow.

No comments:

Smart Ass in ChemSpeak