Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Again with the delayed post

This post is going to be short. I'm going to share with you guys a true story from a customer at the pharmacy yesterday.

"Where is your generic Tylenol?" -customer, I replied with the location.
"Sorry I meant Nyquil" again I replied with the location.
"Why is the Nyquil there?"
"That is our cough and cold aisle". I thought that would end the conversation.
"But why is Nyquil in the cough and cold aisle?" Those of you that know anything about medications will know that Nyquil is the knock you out make you feel happy when you have a cold medicine. Very widely used, very widely publicized.
Customer tried to save face, "Yes, but when you have a cold don't you have aches and pains?" "Sometimes, there's a pain reliever in Nyquil." I said, mind you this entire conversation I am being a girl and multitasking. I am also dropping and typing scripts, but paying complete attention to the customer, answering his questions as polite as can be when I really want to shout, "You're a f**king retard stop wasting my time."
Customer throws tantrum, complains to my pharmacist that I don't know what I am talking about and that I was rude. Mind you I have witnesses to my sickening politeness. Anyway I am still there working on my stuff and listening to this guy berate me for being an idiot. I was fuming, I wanted to throw something. He left in a huff, pharmacist turned to me and asked "How the hell did you do that?"
"Do what?"
"Not jump over the counter and punch that guy?"
"I've worked here for 3.5 years, if I punched every stupid a-hole that acted like that I would face jail time." Oh the joys of working at a pharmacy, it's days like today that I don't even mind the 25,000 in debt. I would still rather have that then spend the rest of my life as a pharmacist because it pays well.

Which leads me to my advice for tonight, don't pick a career that will make you tons of money, but your miserable everyday. Because money isn't everything, happiness is everything.

No comments:

Smart Ass in ChemSpeak